ETMods.net - Forums

N!tmod, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can now donate to help us keeping ETMods.net website and the master server online.

#1 03-Feb-12 19:46:43

N!trox*
Administrator

What is ETFix ?

Hi there!

Now that Wolfenstein Enemy Territory GPL Source Code is available, there are lot of possibilities for coders, ETXreal and OpenWolf are 2 good exemples.

However, these projects aim for a complete rework of the game.

My idea is to update the server engine (ETDED.exe/etded.x86) to fix all the know bugs (such as wwwdl exploit, getstatus exploit, etc...), without having to use a new client (most people never updated to 2.60b so they will not update to anything else...)

This project, unlike N!tmod and CompET, is OpenSource! Which means you will all be able to grab the code from our public SVN and build your own etded executables.

For the moment i'm still trying to get a list of all the known 2.60b bugs/exploits, and I would probably need some help with this.

If you are aware of a ET 2.60b engine bug, let me know and I will fix it in ETFix smile

Also, I might need some "hacks" like Q3Fill, RconStealer, etc... to perform some tests.

Since it seems i can't find them on internet anymore (links were on megaupload most of the time... R.I.P!), if some of you have them, it would be really nice to send them by mail to (admin at etmods dot net).

Our assembla page: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/etn

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ETMods

iluvnitmod.png

#2 04-Feb-12 00:55:37

YCN'Adrian

Re: What is ETFix ?

you can use ycn QMM Fixes big_smile

#3 06-Feb-12 17:45:05

Dragonji
Website

Awesome thing!

BTW, is it possible to make the server visible on all protocols without using facades? Is it possible to "force" etded to send heartbeats to all protocols?

#4 06-Feb-12 19:40:26

N!trox*
Administrator

I didn't check this part of the code yet, but it's probably possible to do it smile

iluvnitmod.png

#5 07-Feb-12 09:44:13

Sol

sv_masterSend82 doesn't works. etmaster accepts 1 protocol for 1 packet only.
By the way, you can easily block q3fill this way:

(SV_DirectConnect)
strncpy(punkbuster,Info_ValueForKey(userinfo, "cl_punkbuster"),sizeof(punkbuster));
        if ( punkbuster[0]== NULL )
            return ;

Last edited by Sol (07-Feb-12 12:40:27)

#6 07-Feb-12 16:13:52

Sol

Anyway, I tested it and this one made server crash:

if( sv_masterSend82->integer == 1 ){
        Info_SetValueForKey( infostring, "protocol", "82" );
        NET_OutOfBandPrint( NS_SERVER, from, "infoResponse\n%s", infostring );
    }

#7 07-Feb-12 21:28:04

N!trox*
Administrator

Sol wrote:

If sv_masterSend82 is enabled, ETFix sends 2 packets, 1 with protocol 84, and then 1 with protocol 82.

As i said in the revision message on our SVN, this is experimental because i have not really been able to tests because of the current issues with master servers.

Does it mean that even if the master receives 2 packets from the same "IP:PORT" with a different protocol, it will ignore one of them ?

I thought Q3Fill had an option to fake punkbuster/etkey ?

For the crash, i don't know what actually happened, it worked correctly when i tested it.

iluvnitmod.png

#8 07-Feb-12 21:36:16

Dragonji
Website

N!trox* wrote:

As i said in the revision message on our SVN, this is experimental because i have not really been able to tests because of the current issues with master servers.

You can test it with Paul's masterserver.

#9 07-Feb-12 21:39:07

Sol

Crash occurs when the map ends eq gamestate 3.

N!trox* wrote:
Sol wrote:

Does it mean that even if the master receives 2 packets from the same "IP:PORT" with a different protocol, it will ignore one of them ?

I don't know, probably. When I try to send packet with 82 and 84 protocol too, sometimes server exists on 2.6b or 2.55.

#10 07-Feb-12 21:43:45

N!trox*
Administrator

Dragon wrote:

You can test it with Paul's masterserver.

Yes that's what i quickly did yesterday, but sometimes the server was on both list and sometimes not O.o

And Sol is reporting kinda the same problem. I guess it's a restriction inside Paul's code. I will contact him to get more precise informations about his system and know if it is possible to have 2 server records for the same IP:PORT with a different protocol.

iluvnitmod.png

#11 07-Feb-12 21:47:14

Sol

Its rly simple.
2.6b Client have builtin Connection redirect aka ET://IP:PORT
If client connecting to fake server then server auto redirect client from fake server to real.

#12 07-Feb-12 21:51:35

N!trox*
Administrator

The goal is not th create fake servers, the info sent to the master server is not fake, the server really exists on this IP:PORT.

I've just sent a message to Paul on SD forums, i'm waiting for his reply and I hope we can find a way to make it work properly smile

iluvnitmod.png

#13 07-Feb-12 21:53:45

Sol

Yes, I agree with you, I just presented only serverfacade func..

#14 07-Feb-12 21:56:19

Sol

N!trox* wrote:

I thought Q3Fill had an option to fake punkbuster/etkey ?

Yes, but many people don't know how to spoof it. It's better than nothing, Q3Fill has 3 const vars and doesnt have cl_punkbuster cvar in userinfo.

Last edited by Sol (07-Feb-12 21:59:09)

#15 08-Feb-12 02:34:08

blindman
BETA Tester
Website

just for fun i attempmted to compile the svn version and got this---

unix/linux_glimp.c:1597: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/../renderer/../game/q_shared.h:855: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘const GLubyte *’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1598: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/../renderer/../game/q_shared.h:855: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘const GLubyte *’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1602: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1603: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1605: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlen’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/string.h:397: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘const GLubyte *’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1606: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlen’ differ in signedness
/usr/include/string.h:397: note: expected ‘const char *’ but argument is of type ‘const GLubyte *’
scons: *** [build/release/core/unix/linux_glimp.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Last edited by blindman (08-Feb-12 02:34:36)

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

#16 08-Feb-12 09:56:56

N!trox*
Administrator

Hmm, i'm not really used to compiling on Linux for this project yet, but here's the scons command line i use:

scons BUILD=release DEDICATED=1 TARGET_CORE=1 TARGET_BSPC=0 TARGET_GAME=0 TARGET_CGAME=0 TARGET_UI=0 CC=gcc4 CXX=g++4

I had a lot of problems the 1st time i tried to compile ETFix on Linux, missing a lot of headers etc... Honestly I can't even remember how i got it fixed, because i've been trying for a while...

iluvnitmod.png

#17 08-Feb-12 13:38:23

Sol

Maybe install xlibmesa-gl-dev package.

#18 08-Feb-12 17:43:25

blindman
BETA Tester
Website

Yea, but appreantly it wants a different version of glimp, probably older--

unix/linux_glimp.c:82:36: error: X11/extensions/xf86dga.h: No such file or directory
unix/linux_glimp.c:83:38: error: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: No such file or directory
unix/linux_glimp.c:147: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘vidmode_InitialGamma’
unix/linux_glimp.c:151: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
unix/linux_glimp.c: In function ‘install_grabs’:
unix/linux_glimp.c:450: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86DGAQueryVersion’
unix/linux_glimp.c:455: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86DGADirectVideo’
unix/linux_glimp.c:455: error: ‘XF86DGADirectMouse’ undeclared (first use in this function)
unix/linux_glimp.c:455: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
unix/linux_glimp.c:455: error: for each function it appears in.)
unix/linux_glimp.c: In function ‘GLimp_SetGamma’:
unix/linux_glimp.c:869: error: ‘XF86VidModeGamma’ undeclared (first use in this function)
unix/linux_glimp.c:869: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘gamma’
unix/linux_glimp.c:874: error: request for member ‘red’ in something not a structure or union
unix/linux_glimp.c:875: error: request for member ‘green’ in something not a structure or union
unix/linux_glimp.c:876: error: request for member ‘blue’ in something not a structure or union
unix/linux_glimp.c:877: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86VidModeSetGamma’
unix/linux_glimp.c: In function ‘GLimp_Shutdown’:
unix/linux_glimp.c:905: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86VidModeSwitchToMode’
unix/linux_glimp.c:905: error: ‘vidmodes’ undeclared (first use in this function)
unix/linux_glimp.c:908: error: ‘vidmode_InitialGamma’ undeclared (first use in this function)
unix/linux_glimp.c: In function ‘GLW_SetMode’:
unix/linux_glimp.c:1034: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86VidModeQueryVersion’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1060: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1060: error: ‘vidmodes’ undeclared (first use in this function)
unix/linux_glimp.c:1092: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86VidModeSetViewPort’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1272: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c: In function ‘GLW_InitGamma’:
unix/linux_glimp.c:1451: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘XF86VidModeGetGamma’
unix/linux_glimp.c:1451: error: ‘vidmode_InitialGamma’ undeclared (first use in this function)
unix/linux_glimp.c: In function ‘GLimp_Init’:
unix/linux_glimp.c:1597: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1598: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1602: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1603: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘Q_strncpyz’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1605: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlen’ differ in signedness
unix/linux_glimp.c:1606: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘strlen’ differ in signedness
scons: *** [build/release/core/unix/linux_glimp.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

#19 14-Jul-12 11:57:34

Chninkel

Salut Nitrox, je me demandais où en était ce projet ? J'ai téléchargé ta dernière version de ETfix, je compte l'installer car je viens de me faire fermer deux fois de suite le serveur par ovh pour "DoS attacks".  C'est là que je me suis rendu compte qu'avec l'installation du jeu que tu as faites (base + 2796x + script) on ne se sert pas d'ETDED.x86.

Du coup comment je fais pour l'utiliser ? Je dois refaire des installations du jeu à l'ancienne (.etwolf, etc) ?

Désolé si la question parait stupide mais je suis bloqué tant que je n'ai pas fixé ce problème de DoS.

#20 14-Jul-12 12:39:18

N!trox*
Administrator

Normalement avec mon installation le meme etded.x86 est utilisé pour tous les serveurs, si mes souvenirs sont bons.

Le projet est plus ou moins arrêté car il y a d'autres projets qui se sont basé dessus ou qui sont partis sur le même principe et sont a un stade plus avancé.

Remplace l'etded.x86 qui doit être dans le dossier 'base' et ca devrait l'utiliser pour tous les serveurs.

iluvnitmod.png

#21 14-Jul-12 13:14:54

Chninkel

Ben justement, le problème c'est que j'ai beau fouillé tous les dossiers il n'y a pas de fichier etded, ni aucune référence à celui ci dnas les scripts. En fait je me demande comment le jeu peut marcher lol.

capture05p.png

Tu parles d'autres projets plus avancés, tu aurais des liens ?

Last edited by Chninkel (14-Jul-12 13:21:52)

#22 29-Jul-12 19:57:23

7Killer_N!tmod
N!tmod Developer

Salut,
Si tues chez un provider de serveur, peut être que tu n'as pas les droits sur dessus et que tu ne vois tout simplement pas le fichier etded.x86.
Dans ce cas , il te faudra demander à ton provider pour le changer .
Pour d'autres proets , entre autres tu as ET:Legacy, or the et300 by trackbase

#23 30-Jul-12 19:21:02

LSD_WoL
Website

D'apres l'image tu a plusieurs exécutables de serveurs dans ton dossier "base" "et-260b.x86", "et-mv.x86", "et-tv.x86".

Déjà les serveurs etpro ne peuvent utilisé une version gpl, donc je te conseil pas de toucher la version "et-260b.x86".

Tu a simplement a télécharger l’exécutable etfix, tu la met dans le dossier "Base", et tu modifie le script de lancement du ou des servs.

Ps: si tu modifie le script de lancement, faut que le serveur ET soit bien sur éteint sinon tu risque d'avoir des surprises.

#24 31-Jul-12 12:58:48

Chninkel

Problème réglé en fait, j'ai juste renommé etded en et-fix.x86 pour que ça colle au script et c'est bon. Evidemment j'y ai pensé après avoir posté hmm .

Qu'est ce que tu entends par "les serveurs etpro ne peuvent utilisé une version gpl" ?

Que je ne peux pas utiliser le fix sur un etpro a cause de licence ?

#25 01-Aug-12 18:17:40

LSD_WoL
Website

C'est plus simple que sa, le mod etpro verifie l’exécutable, et si c'est pas un 2.60b, il ne démarrera pas.

Et les version GPL sont forcement différentes des 2.60b, donc on ne peut pas les utiliser dessus.

Board footer