ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 19-Nov-11 15:36:24

MOEDAWG

What about?

I run a raw server, by this i mean there is NO database to speak of, no control panel to work from. What i have to work with is ftp and putty.

What i am wondering is, will the new N!tmod work for me?

Is there a version(hopefully yikes ) that i can set up and not use the new .sqlite files?

Also, we are having a problem with attacks on our server, seems like the game engine has a major flaw in it with the getstatus requests.

What they are doing is sending packets through our server to attack another server outside our area.

We are running two fixes for this concurrent and have removed our server from the master list to keep the attacks to a minimum.

I was wondering, anyone else having this problem? high cpu usage, lag and strange server behavior is what we experience when the attacks are happening.

Attack being hundreds of thousands of useless packets coming in and out of our server.

Been with u guys for a couple years now, love the mod guys great work. (i still miss the mp5 tho)

#2 19-Nov-11 16:19:46

Dragonji
Website

Re: What about?

MOEDAWG wrote:

Also, we are having a problem with attacks on our server, seems like the game engine has a major flaw in it with the getstatus requests.

I use this and there are no problems with getstatus exploit anymore:

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/show … post263686

#3 19-Nov-11 16:59:39

N!trox*
Administrator

Re: What about?

Beta 2 can't run without database, unfortunately.

If you don't use a database, it will crash... sad This is, of course, fixed for future release smile

iluvnitmod.png

Board footer