ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 03-Feb-11 23:07:22

bioHZD

Re: Downloading maps which aren't played atm

Hi all,

Firstly I want to say that I really like the N!tmod.
I downloaded and installed it with success. It runs really well on my server.

However, there's one flaw which I encountered:
When I connect to my server, I start downloading maps (which are of course located in the server etmain), but those maps aren't played at that moment.
So as an example: I connect to the server and start downloading adlernest.pk3 because I don't have it yet in my own etmain. But at that moment, adlernest.pk3 isn't playing, but Oasis!

I don't want people to download the whole package of maps at once. I want that they just have to download the map which is played at the moment they connect. And if the next map is also a map which they don't have yet, they'll start downloading it then, and not when they connect.

Hopefully I have given you enough information to help me further with the solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance,
bioHZD

#2 04-Feb-11 02:25:37

N!trox*
Administrator

It happens with a lot of maps and on any mods as far as i know, it has already happend to me.

Unfortunately i don't know how to fix this, maybe some server admins got the same problem and will be able to help you out.

I'm sure of one thing, this is not mod related.

iluvnitmod.png

#3 04-Feb-11 13:00:16

bioHZD

Thank you for your quick answer.
Good to know it isn't mod related. Perhaps I never noticed it before because I got quite a lot files in my etmain already. lol

Hopefully there're some server admins on this forums who know more about this "problem".

#4 04-Feb-11 16:49:09

stealth

This happens when one of the maps in the rotation contains a .campaign file. Then you download all available maps in the servers etmain.

So if you want to fix it you have to look for a map pk3 file with a campaign file inside it. Remove the campaign file and repack the .pk3 (server admins) as a client to the server you are just screwed.
Problem with this is of course that then you have 2 different versions on the internet, 1 with campaign file that is 'official' and then your unofficial version without the campaign file in it.

#5 07-Feb-11 21:43:58

bioHZD

Thanks you very much!
I'll look into it!

Board footer