ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 10-Oct-11 01:39:03

loudness

NGUID (N!tmod GUID). N!tmod now uses its own GUIDs. PBGUID is no longe

Hello
ok guys..we really need NGUID (N!tmod GUID) from now...punkbuster dropped support for et ...guids will be generated manualy on some sites...no good at all...maybe is  the best moment for a new nitmod 2.1 rc2 (: or maybe nitmod 2.2...i really hope will be released soon
cheers

#2 10-Oct-11 13:19:36

Nico$
N!tmod Developer
Website

Re: NGUID (N!tmod GUID). N!tmod now uses its own GUIDs. PBGUID is no longe

N!tmod 2.2 will bring new guid system.

Nico$

#3 19-Oct-11 16:51:47

Klobby

Hi, when Punkbuster stopped suporting for ET game we have big problem on our (n!tmod) game server. Server kick players which do not have quid. Reason for kicks is Duplicate quid. If is on game server only one player which do not have quid all is good, but when connecting next player witouth quid server kick player (witoth quid) which already playing on game server. Know please someone solution? We use N!tmod 2.0.

Think you so if I will change g_XPSave 15 to g_XPSave 7, will be this problem solved?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Klobby (19-Oct-11 17:46:14)

#4 19-Oct-11 18:33:49

N!trox*
Administrator

Disable duplicate GUID kick with g_XPSave
and
set g_guidChecks 0

iluvnitmod.png

#5 19-Oct-11 19:58:50

LSD_WoL
Website

and if you still use punkbuster: "pb_sv_guidrelax 6" (or 7)

Defaults to 0; Controls PunkBuster's kicking behavior related to GUIDS; A Value of 1 means PB will not kick for UNKN (Unknown) GUIDs; A Value of 2 means PB will not kick for WRONGIP GUIDs (these are GUIDS which are valid but not from the IP Address the player is connecting from); A Value of 4 means PB will not kick for DUPLICATE GUIDs; These values (1, 2 and 4) can be combined to achieve the desired behavior. Note: this setting will never kick for connections from the same IP address

http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.p … _GUIDRelax

Last edited by LSD_WoL (19-Oct-11 20:00:07)

#6 19-Oct-11 20:58:43

Klobby

LSD_WoL wrote:

and if you still use punkbuster: "pb_sv_guidrelax 6" (or 7)

Defaults to 0; Controls PunkBuster's kicking behavior related to GUIDS; A Value of 1 means PB will not kick for UNKN (Unknown) GUIDs; A Value of 2 means PB will not kick for WRONGIP GUIDs (these are GUIDS which are valid but not from the IP Address the player is connecting from); A Value of 4 means PB will not kick for DUPLICATE GUIDs; These values (1, 2 and 4) can be combined to achieve the desired behavior. Note: this setting will never kick for connections from the same IP address

http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.p … _GUIDRelax

We do not use PunkBuster. But thanks.

N!trox* wrote:

and
set g_guidChecks 0

Thanks you very much N!trox. I will try it.

#7 20-Oct-11 19:40:36

Klobby

N!trox* wrote:

and
set g_guidChecks 0

Hi N!trox, that does not help us. I am changed g_XPSave from 15 to 7 (witouth flag 8) and g_guidChecks 0, but server still kick players for reason Duplicate quid. Maybe so that is bug in 2.0 N!tmod version. I am saw so in N!tmod 2.1 RCW was fixed that: Fixed: "duplicated guid" kick for players with "unknown" guid

Maybe so that is the problem so we use N!tmod 2.0. Think you so if we will change N!tmod version will solve our problem? Or know you some solution how that fix in 2.0 version?

#8 20-Oct-11 21:01:57

N!trox*
Administrator

Oh yea ... i forgot that bug was in 2.0... update to nitmod 2.1 and it should solve your problems

iluvnitmod.png

#9 21-Oct-11 22:13:24

Klobby

N!trox* wrote:

Oh yea ... i forgot that bug was in 2.0... update to nitmod 2.1 and it should solve your problems

Thanks you very much N!trox, I think so problem was solved :-).

#10 25-Oct-11 19:49:09

Klobby

I am sorry but problem was not solved. Server still kick players. But I think so the problem is so server do not allow two players with QUID: NO_QUID. If players have QUID: unknown she/he can play on our server. But when is one player with QUID:NO_QUID on server and connecting next player with QUID: NO_QUID player which playing is kicked for reason "Duplicate quid".

I am also saw so players which connected on our server with QUID: NO_QUID have same XP (for exempl 50000 XP). I am first think so that is same player but this XP have all players with QUID: NO_QUID. Then server save XP all accounts with NO_QUID and because that they have one (for all same XP)?

Can you tell me please if XP save working with quids or IP or MAC on N!tmod?

I am sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Klobby (25-Oct-11 21:31:51)

#11 02-Nov-11 15:46:51

loudness

you must put g_XPSave 7   but...
xpsave and adminlevels  are stored on pbguid...noguid=bye xpsave(same for all noguid players) and adminlevel
....That settings works for players can join and play.... and is all fine untill you give a mute/ban for a noguid player....and all players whithout guid are mutted or banned (((: ....for sure all noguid players will have same xp...so i put punkbuster back and anybody must have own guid before join....punkbuster droped et but et is verry dependent to pb....(:
Back to topic,our clan big problem is like this...we dont have any control to our server...if we give a ban ,players can easely spoof mac,easely generate another guid and allmost anybody have dinamic ip whith dhcp pool class B  or class A sometimes ... so if i give a subnet ban half of players are banned...and we want some players to be banned because ruins our game...
i wait for nitmod guid and i hope will be hard to spoof and will be same Nguid anytime when a player reinstall the game...So i post because i whish nitmod 2.2 will be released as soon as possible...for testing or else no metter
btw...we have a small tool named dmg log viewer...is a parser for server log and he extract chat discutions in one tab and all players data in another(name,ip,macadress)...he creates a small db whith that data and you can see anytime what ips or macs have players in time... everytime you parse log that db is updated whith new ips....have advanced filter/search...export in different formats ....is tested only for nitmod and we use this tool to see chat whitout searc in all log lines when someone complainds about injuries or else.....is made on visual fox pro and we want to share this...you are free to use,modify,improve or else...
you can download from http://web.clicknet.ro/matei_giuliano010/logviewer.rar just extract and run.....
screenshot http://web.clicknet.ro/matei_giuliano010/sshot-11.jpg
knowed bug..after you parse  logfle you must scroll up
edit...at least xpsp3 is required

enjoy
dont worry..my english is bad too

Last edited by loudness (03-Nov-11 20:22:29)

#12 03-Nov-11 20:57:08

N!trox*
Administrator

N!tmod GUID is not 100% "hack" proof. There is no real way to have a unique ID that nobody can fake or steal...

It will change if the file is deleted/corrupted or if the player reinstalls the game, unfortunately.

If you have any good ideas on how to create a good NGUID system, tell us how, because so far i didn't find any good way to do it... The only thing i could think of was a password associated to this NGUID, first time the NGUID is used, user could define a password, and then password would be prompted everytime the player connects to a N!tmod server, but this requires a master server to stock the NGUID and their associated passwords.

But i'm pretty sure a lot of players players wouldn't like to have to type a password everytime they connect... hmm

iluvnitmod.png

#13 04-Nov-11 14:45:51

loudness

for sure to have password is not a good ideea ..... kinda slac thing (: ...will be good for compet this maybe
It will change if the file is deleted/corrupted or if the player reinstalls the game, unfortunately.. ((: this is bad

in fact a "fingerprint" is needed ....only for administrative things....macadress ban was fine but now manny players know how to spoof..and is common practice,usefull sometimes(i spoof mac on 1 box becose ISP require that mac for connect).... im not programer but i will ask some persons if is posible to be implemented in game something like cpu,hdd or video card serial...no metter if in one way sau another he can join after a ban..but will not be easy to change and only smart players will do this,not anybody (:...cheaters and banned players will stay banned...thats the ideea and i bet alot af server admins want this...
i donno if is the same thing but i see something on redsector site ....Enhanced Mod V1.09 Secure in progress, basically forces a hardware based unique guid and replaces the etkey guid....
in title seems to be same story and if is this...is possible to implement..
anyway... is only a game..and nitmod is great...and sqllite suport is waited  too...and great work nitrox...
i will open a treat in features request maybe when i will find some infos..
cheers

#14 04-Nov-11 15:44:11

N!trox*
Administrator

loudness wrote:

for sure to have password is not a good ideea ..... kinda slac thing

I'm not talking about an user registration...

Here's how this could work:

If a player connects for the first time to a N!tmod 2.2 (or higher) server :
- N!tmod generates a NGUID
- A window appears ingame (kinda like the chat window) and the user has to create only a password that will be associated to his NGUID (The player can't play as long as he has not defined his password)
- The password would be sent to a master server and saved into a database

If a player has already completed the steps above :
1) A window appears ingame and the user has to type the password associated to his NGUID (he can't play if the password is not correct)
2) N!tmod contacts the master server and checks if the provided password matches the one associated to the NGUID the player is using
3) The passowrd is correct, player is authenticated and can play. If the password is invalid, back to step 1.
4) Player remains authenticated as long as he doesn't disconnect, reconnect or join another server.

No need for registration on a website, no username, just a NGUID (that we can attach to a player profile to let more than one player use the same game installation) and a password.

Of course, this requires a master server and probably a lot of code modifications, but I think this is the best way to make a NGUID secure.

iluvnitmod.png

#15 04-Nov-11 17:26:32

Klobby

loudness we have g_XPSave 7. I know that but that do not help us. As I am wroted when is on game server player with QUID:NO_QUID and connecting next player which already is in server is kicked for "Duplicate quid".

Now I know so all players which are without etkey: Players which have PunkBuster disabled have QUID: unknown and who have PunkBuster Enabled have QUID:NO_QUID.

Then we finger always all players and if she/he have QUID:NO_QUID we say her/him so must Disable PunkBuster.

About NQuid system: I think so on Enemy territory game was majority builded with PunkBuster - etkey (Quid) system. I do not know if that is possible but maybe the best will be implanted in N!tmod etkey generator. I do not care if will go on our servers chaters, now I care if players will should play on our server. We do not need anticheat system now, we need system which will generate etkeys for players, but that must be automaticly as before. I always trying talk with players and I gave them advice where they can update etkey and how instal in their computers.  And If new N!tmod will generate eteky for all which will connecte on N!tmod 2.2 server all will be good. I think so best will keep etkey system, because Enemy territory have many mods and alot players want play also in next mods (Noquarter, Jaymod, ET Pro, ET Pub ......). I like all ET mods. If players will know so if they will connecte on sever which will generate them etkey (automaticly) all will be good. Many of players do not know anything about etkey and that is hard explain them why they must update etkey. Many times we can not explain them this because they talk different language.   

I hope so some system will very soon up, because that can be end for Enemy territory game.

#16 04-Nov-11 17:39:44

N!trox*
Administrator

N!tmod 2.2 automaticly generates GUID's, connect to our test server without etkey and you will see that a N!tmod GUID (NGUID) is automaticly created ("nkey.dat" file in "nitmod" folder) and that you XP is saved, even without PBGUID.

N!tmod 2.2 no longer uses PBGUID, and this change was made a while before evenbalance decided to stop ET support for PB.

iluvnitmod.png

#17 04-Nov-11 19:10:45

Klobby

Ok N!trox, that is good. I want ask you when will N!tmod upgrade up?
I am really sad when I see so players are kicked from our game server.

If is that possible can we use version 2.2 on our server?

#18 04-Nov-11 19:29:06

N!trox*
Administrator

I'm trying to finalize as many things as possible today, in order to release a 2.2 beta version. I know many server admins need NGUID's because of the end of PB support...

iluvnitmod.png

#19 04-Nov-11 20:59:41

Klobby

Thanks you very much N!trox. I enjoy for 2.2 beta version. I am tested this 2.2 version on test server and I think so it is good. Sure I am tested it as player no admin, but I think so that will good if this verson will use public servers very soon.

Thanks.

Board footer