ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 20-Jun-10 23:15:21

MOEDAWG

Re: lua trouble

im having some problems with lua's not working.........this is the error code i get 
[string "dynotimer.lua"]:1: unexpected symbol near '{'
Lua API: Loading rules.lua
Lua API: syntax error during pre-compilation: [string "rules.lua"]:1: unexpected symbol near '{'
i get the same error code for both of the lua's i have tried to work with
anyhelp would be great.
Also upgraded to nitmod 1.6 runs smoother, no glitchyness in the constructibles, u guys are doing awsome, thanks so much for a great mod.

Also thanks ahead of time for any help i may get     MoEDAWG

#2 21-Jun-10 17:14:48

N!trox*
Administrator

You probably modified the LUA's and made mistakes.

These scripts are in the "LUA Scripts" section of the forum, that's probaly where you got them from.

I would recommend downloading the files again and try with the unmodified versions. Then tell us if it works or not.

MOEDAWG wrote:

Also upgraded to nitmod 1.6 runs smoother, no glitchyness in the constructibles, u guys are doing awsome, thanks so much for a great mod.

You're welcome x) To know that people like the mod makes us happy too you know tongue

iluvnitmod.png

#3 21-Jun-10 22:34:32

MOEDAWG

ok, so i redownloaded the rules and the dynotimer luas the rules one now works....thanks again N!trox, and im not sure if the dyno time works.....and info on what it actually will look like if it does. And now that the rules.lua is working how do i go about setting the rules i want without messing the file up again, honestly im not sure what happened the first time....lol that why im  mrgreen

#4 22-Jun-10 01:40:33

N!trox*
Administrator

rules.lua is kina self explanatory.

There are a few comments everywhere to explain how to configure it.

NUMRULES = 4

This is the number of rules you want to print.

rules = {
	"Rule # 1",
	"Rule # 2",
	"Rule # 3",
	"Rule # 4"
}

These lines are the rules that will be printed when clients issue /rules in their console. (The text has to be inside quotation marks. Last line must not be followed by a comma).

WEBSITE = "http://nitmod.ath.cx"

If you want to print a website when clients issue /website, modify this line and set USE_WEBSITE to 1.

I hope it helps and that you'll understand everythig I wrote x)

Concerning the dyno counter, it will print "X seconds till <place> explosion" in the chat (if a dynamite is planted at an objective) It can work as is, then of course you can customize the messages that will be printed.

iluvnitmod.png

#5 22-Jun-10 04:53:06

MOEDAWG

i got the rules.lua working beautiful, but the dyno timer doesnt seem to want to work. i didnt modify it downloaded into the server with it off even and restart, still dont get messages. is it because i have dyno set to a 15 sec timer? or should i try saving the link and doing it again. ive checked my server.cfg to make sure i have the lua's set correctly the names match exactly.......hmmm thats all i can think of for now mrgreen

#6 22-Jun-10 07:58:18

gaoesa

The dyno timer uses 30 second dynamites. For other timer lengths, the lua script needs to be manually edited for them.

#7 22-Jun-10 09:17:58

MOEDAWG

ok so i changed the timer back to what it is supposed to be 30 seconds. i did the rcon thing exec dynamite_counter.lua and it reads the file it says =B 8   = CHAT but i still go no warnings . i am assuming it will be like another chat or like a banner but im getting nothin :(thanks for all the help so far mrgreen

#8 22-Jun-10 09:55:45

gaoesa

Just to be sure, you did insert the script filename in the lua_modules string. The module gets loaded when the next map loads, not before that. You are using unaltered version of the dynamite_counter.lua?

#9 23-Jun-10 02:02:57

MOEDAWG

yes i made sure i put it in the lua_modules string it actually looks like this "dynamite_counter.lua rules.lua" and yes unaltered version strait from the link in the lua forums mrgreen Thanks again

#10 23-Jun-10 13:59:21

gaoesa

The unaltered script prints the messages to the chat. Now I don't know what can be wrong if the rules lua works but the dynamite counter doesn't. At the same time I mean. I don't use either one of those myself but maybe someone who does, knows what can go wrong when setting them smile

#11 24-Jun-10 03:48:25

MOEDAWG

well, i have to say thank u gaoesa. u were right to question the filename i had in nitmod.......i totally spelled it wrong.....works like a charm now.....and what did i learn from this......always check again when someone asks mrgreen ........thanks so much man

Board footer