ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 30-Jan-14 18:39:18

Velocity

weapons and skins

Hello all, my name is Velocity.  7killer knows me as guNer. Anyway, I started ECSMOD many moons ago, and 7killer was the main coder, which is now abandoned.  I was wondering if n!tmod might consider adding the shotgun, BAR (with axis skin) and a few other features from ecsmod.  I also have a reworked version of the snooper called an M13 that is a cool sniper weapon. 

Anyway, I have legit permission from original creator of BAR and shotgun models and skins, so it would not be a problem to get them added to n!tmod. 

I would much rather play n!tmod to get my shotgun fix than NQ or Jaymod anyway!!

Thots?

Last edited by Velocity (30-Jan-14 18:45:58)

#2 30-Jan-14 23:48:29

jay1110
BETA Tester
Website

#3 31-Jan-14 05:07:14

Velocity

Re: weapons and skins

Ah ok, fair enough. It seems like an opportunity wasted, since code is ready to be ported, and I have a green light to use models/skins. Oh well, i may just publish the ecsmod code.  Another weapon I forgot to mention, that was coded by 7killer was sticky bombs. I made a skin for it, very cool weapon.

#4 31-Jan-14 19:38:35

N!trox*
Administrator

Hi there!

I appreciate the fact that you propose us to use these ECSMOD features smile

I've never been really enthusiast with the idea of adding new (guns) weapons, but i might change my mind because it would definitely please lot of players and (almost) everything that we add into N!tmod is optional, so every server will chose to use it or not.

We have some unfinished projects right now and I'm quite busy so it takes time, but once we're done with N!tmod 2.2.1 we definitely need some new features and cool stuff so yeah, why not.

I don't know where's 7Killer right now, i've not talked to him for a while, maybe he's as busy as me ^^

If some server admins/players read this, fell free to give us your opinion about this.

iluvnitmod.png

#5 31-Jan-14 22:35:34

Grandad
BETA Tester

An option for new sniper rifle would be cool.

Maybe not realy needed,   - but to have some option, other mods don´t have smile

#6 01-Feb-14 05:08:13

Velocity

I will put up a temp test server later this weekend so you guys can see a few things in ecsmod, much better to play the weapon than look at screen prints.

#7 02-Feb-14 18:22:41

Velocity

didnt get chance to put up a test server, but here are some screens...
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Wr1R9xT0GC/

#8 03-Feb-14 20:58:36

N!trox*
Administrator

I thought about it, and it would definitely bring some fresh air to N!tmod to have some new weapons.

Do you have xfire ? so we can have a "private" discussion about this.

Mine is: joyce975

iluvnitmod.png

#9 04-Feb-14 01:47:19

coolsquad
Website

Hi,

I have seen the screenshots and i confirm it is really very very interesting.

papyrus_cs_nit_100_maps.gif

#10 04-Feb-14 20:50:03

TunPal-XXXX
BETA Tester

add BAR to allies and MP44 (aka stg44) to Axis 
more damage than thompson/MP40 but less accuracy
it will be fair enough for both teams

#11 05-Feb-14 18:36:09

Velocity

too bad that the stg44 would have to be tamed down to work in ET game, in real life it was much more powerful than MP40/Tommy.  But than again, self-healing, health regenerating rambo medics that pump adren and dominate the field is fiction also. ET does not need to be too realistic, just fast paced and fun smile

I figure, why not have an axis BAR, we have an Allied panzerfaust and Axis sten, both are fantasy.  However, the axis were known for stealing weapons and tanks and putting their stamp on it...so why not I guess.

by the way, no pressure here, I am only making conversation and suggestions.  I know that coding in weapons (or even porting code) is a lot of work and takes time.

Last edited by Velocity (05-Feb-14 18:41:20)

#12 06-Feb-14 09:48:06

7Killer_N!tmod
N!tmod Developer

Back from holiday, let me one day to be back at home and we need to have a discussion !
As Said in the past i have code for optionnal weapon pack... And i have rework some part of ecsmod code...never release dit.
Will, check yr mail tomorrow , joyce rdv ce week-end !

#13 07-Feb-14 02:34:16

Velocity

Hello 7killer, its been forever.

Board footer