ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 25-Jul-24 19:51:59

Bandino

**Subject: Suggestion for Integrating Legacy Mod HUD Creator into Nitm

Hello Nitmod Developers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to share an idea that I believe could significantly enhance the player experience in Nitmod.

I've been a long-time fan of both Nitmod and the Legacy Mod for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. One feature of the Legacy Mod that stands out is its incredible HUD Creator. This tool offers a user-friendly interface for customizing the in-game HUD, making it easier for players to tailor their interface to their personal preferences.

Given the popularity and utility of the HUD Creator in Legacy Mod, I think it would be a fantastic addition to Nitmod. Incorporating this feature could provide players with greater flexibility and control over their gaming experience, ultimately enhancing overall satisfaction with the mod.

To facilitate this integration, here are a few potential steps:

1. **Collaboration with Legacy Mod Developers**: Initiate a dialogue with the Legacy Mod team to explore the possibility of sharing the HUD Creator code or collaborating on its adaptation for Nitmod.

2. **Adaptation and Testing**: Work on adapting the HUD Creator to ensure compatibility with Nitmod's existing features and structure. This phase would involve rigorous testing to maintain stability and performance.

3. **Community Involvement**: Engage the Nitmod community to gather feedback and suggestions during the development process. This could help tailor the HUD Creator to meet the specific needs and desires of Nitmod players.

I am confident that the integration of the Legacy Mod's HUD Creator into Nitmod would be a well-received enhancement, providing players with a more customizable and enjoyable gaming experience.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I look forward to any discussions or developments that may arise from this idea.

Best regards,

iBandino - AvadaKedavra

#2 28-Jul-24 14:12:48

mazak

Re: **Subject: Suggestion for Integrating Legacy Mod HUD Creator into Nitm

It would be great if you could edit it like in Quake III Team Arena Scripted Hud https://web.archive.org/web/20110904013 … g/hud.html
Just like in rtcw.

You can do it using a bug, but it takes up memory in /ui_report sad
With this bug you can also disable the black background loading nitmod.
But later you will have problems in cg_draw2d and Limbo Menu (L)

The idea is great cool

Last edited by mazak (28-Jul-24 14:16:03)

45868182.jpg
560x95_FFFFFF_FF9900_000000_000000.png

Board footer