ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 11-Oct-10 13:54:33

KoSH

Re: Some questions about the 2.x releases :)

Dear N!trox,

first of all i want to give you the highest credit for your work! I browsed around in different threads and recognized that some people just complain about everything. Don't let them bring you down! Keep up with your great work   
I'm just a server admin responsible for setting up servers for our commuity, but i know how demotivating it is when everyone just grumbles.

Now to topic smile

After testing the 1.6 version on one of our private servers, we decided to turn one of our public server from noquarter to N!tmod. Of course we took the 2.0. All in all i am very happy with this release, and found just this one "autoswitch" bug which has been already mentioned here.
Nevertheless there we have some players who just miss the MP5. I know about the reasons why you left it out, and i personally support your decision to set performance before another pair of model&sound for an identical weapon script. But i thought i ask you directly if it is possible for me to replace the 2nd LMG of both teams with the old MP5-model from 1.6. (To be clearer: Allies should get MP5 instead of MP40 as 2nd LMG, and axis the other way round)
If yes, please just tell me that and i will figure it out on my own (don't want to steal your time smile)
If no... well may i suggest this option for a future release? perhaps combined with a different damage/accuracy option, to seperate this one from MP40/Thompson?

I think the MP5 was a kind of distinguish characteristic of N!tmod, thats why many players are a little disappointed about the removal.

I hope you don't mind if i post another suggestion:

As coming from noquarter, one thing our commuity misses is the ability to kick certain objects (airstrike-cans, grenades, dynamites, players' a***es smile).  Is it possible / wanted to introduce this feature in N!tmod as well in any of your future releases?
Don't misunderstand me! I don't want to make your mod to NQ nor to Jaymod or sth. else (like it is discussed in another thread here) I just think it can't be wrong to integrate some good ideas. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

If it is appreciated i will keep you up to date with wishes and opinions from "the base", O.K. from the small view i have through our commuity.

Best Regards
KoSH

http://www.attawaybaby.de
ET://213.239.202.61:27040

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"
— Scott Adams

#2 11-Oct-10 14:26:47

molotov

KoSH wrote:

As coming from noquarter, one thing our commuity misses is the ability to kick certain objects (airstrike-cans, grenades, dynamites, players' a***es smile).

Its possible now here too, but ofc not with your foot like in NQ.

set g_canisterKick 75 in your server cfg file and than ingame  press the "F" button when you foucus on the nade, canisters etc.

g_canisterKick [integer]

Sets the scale of kicking grenades, airstike cans, and smoke cans.

Set to 0 to disable. Value of around 60 - 120 is reasonable.

Default: 0

#3 11-Oct-10 14:52:25

KoSH

Thx molotov for your answer smile
You are right, at first i forgot to use F to kick canisters (played too much noquarter  wink ),
took some time till i remembered again.  hmm
But what i mean is mostly the ability to use +kick as an attack AND to kick objects. Well the animation
is not really essential, but it is a nice feature to be able to kick dynamites  in or  out of danger-zones.
This is not possible, is it?

http://www.attawaybaby.de
ET://213.239.202.61:27040

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"
— Scott Adams

#4 11-Oct-10 15:06:46

molotov

Kicking with the leg is not possible.
Btw. I also like kicking dynas and assed.
I remembrer i setted once the damage of the kick to 80 and 2 kick was = deadly weapon against a medic with 156 hp. Was soooo funny.  big_smile

#5 12-Oct-10 04:50:51

Black

i was gutted when the mp5 was removed:(..........my clients loved that wepaon...purely because it was 'different' and i know it was removed because ppl whinging it was 'too accurate' 'not accruate enough' t'to powerful' e.t.c...even tho it was the same as mp40 and thommie:)

maybe nitrox you could make the mp5 into a 'optional' .pk3 or something?

now i have RW_mod ...which replace thomspon,mp40,akimbos,lugers,panzer with m16,ak47,glocks,deagles(well they look like em) and a modernish looking panzer

looks ok i think my server is 203.14.173.219:27960 if anyone is interested in changing there weapons i could post a link to our redirect where it is stored if im allowed? cheers

#6 12-Oct-10 06:18:23

molotov

this file replace the mp40 with mp5: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lr4jic

if you use other weapon mod which replace the mp40, they will probably conflict.

NOTE its only the skin, so in the limbo and when you kill somebody with this weapon you will sill see the "mp40"

#7 13-Oct-10 05:15:16

Black

ahh moltov not what i'm after mate...can you make it ..so somehow  the mp5 AND mp40 are available...like the 1.6 release:)

that was cool...doesnt matter if you cant thanks

Board footer