ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 13-Nov-10 19:41:01

KoSH

Re: Take Objective without blowing safe-door

Hi there,

to produce not more spam in the forum than needed, i opened a ticket in the bug-tracker:

* N!tmod version : 2.0
* Map : warmup, industy2
* Omni-Bot running : no
* Gametype : mapvote
* Custom mapscripts : none
* LUA modules : none
* Warmup/Playing/Intermission :
* Have you noticed anything else that could help us, for exemple, is there anything special supposed to happen in the map when the crash happens :
On both maps, teams have to destroy the safe to get access to the objective-documents. Normally.
But it is possible to pick up objectives without blowing the safe door.

I got following answer:

Reason for closing:  Not a bug
Additional comments about closing:  It's a map bug... The objective is just too close of the safe...

Now i have to ask something though...
If this is not a mod-bug (which i do not want to question) but a map-bug, why does this "map-bug" NOT occur in other mods like nq? In other words, why do other mod-coders manage to prevent these types of "map-bugs", and N!tmod does not? Is that wanted / not implemented yet / impossible?

best regards
KoSH

http://www.attawaybaby.de
ET://213.239.202.61:27040

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"
— Scott Adams

#2 13-Nov-10 21:41:19

Nico$
N!tmod Developer
Website

I closed the ticket in the bug tracker but that's true i'm not 100% sure.
I think the mod make the entity wider than it should (it's the most possible idea) but I didn't made any test yet (I wanted to speak about it with N!trox).
But, I never see someone modify script/map loading code so it's mystery for now...
Yes I shouldn't have to close the ticket... but I say it before : it should work hmm

ps : the maps are industry2 and ... warmup ?

edit : I don't arrive to take the objective without to blow the safe (industry2 final)

Nico$

#3 14-Nov-10 14:58:15

KoSH

Hi,

yes maps are warmup (we had a beta version of this map and now warmup_final), and industry2final. I managed to pick up the objective on industry yesterday. Well .. if you were not able to pick up on industry, there must be some reason why it is different on different servers. Something which is not directly affected to the mod or the map.

Ok... where could such a reason be located? I doubt that there is a side effect on soundpacks, menus or something like that. So i have some ??? over my head smile

I think it is more likely that those entities you mentioned have something to do with it. Compared to other mods, your implementation of entities must be different. You can notice that when trying to revive somebody, on nitmod you have to aim your syringe much more precisely than on other mods, so here, too entities are different. (This should NOT be a complain about that, just an example)

greetz

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"
— Scott Adams

#4 14-Nov-10 23:23:29

Nico$
N!tmod Developer
Website

for the revive, this is caused by players' hitboxes (and we changed them) ^^
But yes there should be something which affect the objective, may be your server's config.

Nico$

#5 15-Nov-10 23:35:19

N!trox*
Administrator

Just thought about it, and made some tests.

This bug occurs when g_realBody is set to 1.

Will try to fix it smile

iluvnitmod.png

#6 16-Nov-10 09:21:27

KoSH

Thank you N!trox smile

that explains why Nico$ wasn't able to grab, but i was. We have realBody activated.

Greetz
KoSH

— Scott Adams

#7 16-Nov-10 14:19:47

Nico$
N!tmod Developer
Website

Ticket reopened  wink

Nico$

Board footer