ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 02-Jun-13 10:07:09

Hope<3

server lag

hello.
recently my boyfriend had started up a new clan which he called |BEL|Behind Enemy Lines.
when setting up the server he chose to go for Nitmod 2.2 as it's simple enough to manage and popular enough among some new clans that are popping up.
about ten minutes ago i was in the server and was getting quite a lot of lag spikes though my connection is fine.
i started doing a little experiment on the goldrush map and kicked all of the 8 bots that were in there out while i was planting mines and noticed that even still i was getting quite a few lag spikes and some big ones too.
i left the server then and opened up HLSW to see the ping range and it was jumping from say 90/95 to anywhere between 100 and 3500, now to me that doesn't seem right at all. with nobody in there nor no bots the server ping should remain steady shouldn't it?
so i was wondering if whether or not this is a mod side issue or a server side issue, ie hardware related or what?

btw the server is linux based.

Last edited by Hope<3 (02-Jun-13 10:08:08)

#2 02-Jun-13 13:56:55

N!trox*
Administrator

Re: server lag

Hmm, it is probably an issue with the server host or something wrong with the link between you and the server.
An empty server should never lag, unless there are some LUA slowing down the frame processing on server side (50ms maximum/frame @ 20 frames/second), but it is quite rare (experienced it only once on an etpub server with more than 10 huge LUA scripts...)
Provide server IP, and i will visit it when i have some free time to see if i get lag spikes too

iluvnitmod.png

#3 02-Jun-13 15:25:03

Hope<3

oh right and there isn't any LUA scripts running at all so could rule that out i guess.
the server ip is - 213.108.31.169:27060

#4 02-Jun-13 16:59:48

Megadeth

You are right mate an empty server should never lag and FYI Hope there was an LUA script running for test purposes which has now been removed.
I have noticed as well that after about five minutes of playing since joining the game I get a huge lag spike or packet loss as a constant flow of yellow bars can be seen on the lagometer. This does to me suggest that it's a connection issue on my end, though if there is a connection issue then such a thing would remain constant I would imagine and I shouldn't be able to play otherwise.
Yet, if say either myself or Hope goes into the server around say 8/9 AM then we don't get much lag at all, but rather get some small lag spikes after about 15 mins or so that only last for a second.
The server is hosted with YCN, I haven't yet contacted them about the issue but I will do so later on.

#5 05-Jun-13 01:54:23

Megadeth

Sorry for the double post guys though I have contacted YCN about the issue and this is their response:

Hello,

Can you please try to run your server with the updated (prerelease I guess) of N!tmod? The file is located here: http://bunker.aaxxss.com/forums/files/d … 17-nitmod/
All you need to do is replace the pk3 in the mod folder.

2.2.0 is known to cause problems, I am not sure if your issue is caused by it but it is worth a try.

Regards,
Ryan

Now, I never knew that 2.2.0 was known to cause problems. I have tried downloading it but it loads up some coded page so it doesn't download at all...

Last edited by Megadeth (05-Jun-13 01:58:27)

#6 05-Jun-13 05:55:44

ailmanki
BETA Tester
Website

I fixed the link in bunker forums, amusing that they link there big_smile, it was anyway only the client pk3.. well now its the full zip.

Here is the source of it, which is in this forum:
http://etmods.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1223

N!trox* wrote:

I'm fed up with people complaining about not having access to 2.2.1... There is no documentation for NxAC, that's why I didn't want release it to public.
I don't have enough time to write the doc or work on the mod now so here's the download link for the latest build: http://etmods.net/forums/filedl.php?id=3
This download used to be allowed only for members of the beta testers group but since i have no free time, everybody can have it now.
Next time, talk better!

edit: btw when you get garbled content in webbrowser, and you actually wanted to download something - try right click the link - and "save as". That should do the trick. Cause it tried to display the pk3 in your browser big_smile

Last edited by ailmanki (05-Jun-13 06:10:56)

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.pngb_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

#7 05-Jun-13 08:52:55

Megadeth

Ahh right, thanks for that smile

#8 05-Jun-13 12:15:59

Megadeth

Sorry for the double post, I have installed the latest release but I've come across a problem. None of the admin commands seem to be working for some reason...
Edit - I can't even get into rcon through the console in server.

Last edited by Megadeth (05-Jun-13 12:51:11)

#9 05-Jun-13 18:20:54

ailmanki
BETA Tester
Website

You should ask your YCN support for that smile
If it worked before, you did something wrong. If rcon does not work either, your server is not loading the main configuration file I guess.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.pngb_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

#10 07-Jun-13 17:46:18

Megadeth

Well, the latest release isn't installed on their side. They only suggested that I install it as 2.2.0 is known to cause issues so I think I know where I've gone wrong big_smile
I've requested support once again from YCN yesterday though I haven't had any reply as of yet.

#11 29-Jun-13 21:35:16

Dragonji
Website

getstatus/getinfo/getchallange abusing?

#12 30-Jun-13 21:42:50

Megadeth

Huh?

#13 02-Jul-13 18:30:12

Dragonji
Website

Exploiting some holes of the original ET 2.6b causes server side lags.

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.p … us-exploit

#14 02-Jul-13 21:42:08

Megadeth

I don't think it is but then I'll have a chat with someone @ YCN and ask them to look into it.

#15 10-Jan-16 23:18:04

Boosted

Im gonna Hijack this Thread! smile

Im running a nitmod Server (V 2.3.1) which happens to lag all of a sudden.
So im wondering why.
Never had those problems before.
On the same Machine are couple other Servers running, without any Issues.

The only Thing i did today is add a couple mapscripts (for the stock 6 Maps), but that didnt cause Lag (also doesnt matter what Map is running).
Its not lagging all the Time, but has Spikes.
No Idea why.
Im running Bots, but that has been untouched for Weeks.

Any Ideas?

//EDIT: I removed just for testing the mapscripts - no difference.
Also deleted the log File.
No Idea whats going on....unplayable, constant lag and freezes.
Did countless restarts already.

//EDIT2:
Might be a cause?

NET_SendPacket ERROR: Invalid argument to 185.26.146.85:0

Appears often.

IP from Turkey, with no Players connected.

//EDIT3!

I now blocked the IP and now its all good again...

So this was kind of a DDOS Attack?
Which would be wierd since the Server really isnt popular or so big_smile

Last edited by Boosted (11-Jan-16 00:06:50)

#16 23-Jan-16 20:59:11

Guuzz
BETA Tester
Website

Hey Boosted,

Our server was under atack a few times as well, same problems as you mentioned. Blocking the ips was the solution for me as well.

Regards, Guuzz

#17 30-Jan-16 15:06:33

xxandi
Website

We had before 2-3 weeks the same problem with attacks.
One CPU core was utilized 100 percent and it was impossible to play by the with lags. Traffic usage in one day with attacks 132GB. On normal days our root have just ~15GB traffic usage.

We fixed the problem with the ET 3.00 Trackbase version.
You can download it here: http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server … EADME.html

Its important to activate the "rrdoss" protection with set sv_maxGetstatusCheck "1"

Greetz

Trackbase

Board footer