ETMods.net

N!tmod, a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Modification!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

You can donate to help us keeping services online.

#1 25-Feb-18 09:21:27

xxandi
Website

Server crashes sometimes with " " Symbols in server logfile

Hi,

our N!tmod Server crashes sometimes and with this Symbols at the end of the logfile "     ". No other errors. Sometimes the server is running 1-2 days without any crash and at some other days the server crashs all 2-3 hours with this error.

Here i uploaded the end of our server logfile: http://filebase.eg-team.de/files/screenlog.0

Our server runs with ET Legacy 2.7.5 but i also tryed ET 3.00 TB and ET 2.60b with the same crashes.

Maybe someone had allready the same problem?

This problem happens only when warmup ends and the map start. Is the warmup from nitmod buggy?

Greets

Last edited by xxandi (25-Feb-18 09:46:05)

Trackbase

#2 27-Feb-18 23:00:34

jay1110
BETA Tester
Website

Re: Server crashes sometimes with " " Symbols in server logfile

you should remove the map glider and baserace, if your using it. Theys have 100% random crashes.

i was read on sl too:
Not all custom mapscripts (<- not mapconfigs)will work.  Server will random crash, or the map even wont start.

the missing default.cfg is no problem.

Iam using a autorestartscript. The script is checking if server is off, if off then start. Thats my fix.

What omnibot version you are using?
Can you look inside the omnibot logs? Maybe you find there more. I removed the omnibot completly, because i have there something i cant really explain big_smile. I just know,with the omnibot loaded, its showing me a wrong protocol at trackbase + using the et300 file. I dont know if its nitmod, trackbase et300 file or omnibot whats causing the problem. Without omnibot its fine.

#3 27-Feb-18 23:01:01

jay1110
BETA Tester
Website

doublepost

Last edited by jay1110 (27-Feb-18 23:01:33)

#4 29-Mar-20 13:08:36

xxandi
Website

Thanks for your answer jay, I just overlooked it big_smile

I removed the buggy maps and and the custom mapcript settings in nitmod.cfg (now set g_mapScriptDirectory "") all is running without crashes now.

The spamming in screenlog is no problem because i have a script running, all logfiles >100 MBytes will auto-deleted. I think it comes from omni-bots like you said.

Thanks for your help anyway! smile

//Edit: I posted 2 other questions in SL board, maybe someone read here and can help. smile

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.p … entry88491

Last edited by xxandi (29-Mar-20 15:11:17)

Trackbase

#5 05-Apr-20 23:48:52

jay1110
BETA Tester
Website

xxandi wrote:

Thanks for your answer jay, I just overlooked it big_smile

I removed the buggy maps and and the custom mapcript settings in nitmod.cfg (now set g_mapScriptDirectory "") all is running without crashes now.

The spamming in screenlog is no problem because i have a script running, all logfiles >100 MBytes will auto-deleted. I think it comes from omni-bots like you said.

Thanks for your help anyway! smile

//Edit: I posted 2 other questions in SL board, maybe someone read here and can help. smile

Hi mates!

The etmods.net Forum is inactive, i think here is a better place to ask my questions.

I have 3 "little" problems with our nitmod server.

----------

First one:

The Covert Ops will loose the class xp after reaching level 5 sometimes. They will start with covert ops level 0 again.

The settings in nitmod.cfg for this specific class:

QUELLTEXT
set skill_covertops "50 150 500 1000 3000"
set g_maxLevelCovertOp "6"

Same like the other classses and there is no problem with xp save.

----------

The second question is about mapscripts.

If i activate mapscripts in nitmod.cfg, maybe like this:

QUELLTEXT
//Changes directory for custom mapscripts. Similar to ETPro s b_mapScriptsDirectory.
set g_mapScriptDirectory "mapscripts"

the server will crash after some days/hours randomly. Its not important which scripts are inside this folder. I tested with different mapscripts and removed all, only if you have this setting in your nitmod.cfg the server will crash.

Maybe someone had the same problem? Currently we are using no custom mapscripts and the servers are running without problems.

----------

And the last question:

I cant find a newer Version of GeoIP.dat for the N!tmod. Only newer Versions of GeoLite Database but not working with nitmod.

Maybe someone have a newer Version like mine? I have one of year ~2014 i think.

I hope someone read this and maybe have a solution for one of this little "probs".

Greets
aimeX cheers.gif

Der Beitrag wurde von $hooter bearbeitet: Mar 29 2020, 11:43 AM

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.p … entry88491

this is the latest geoip https://www.clan-etc.de/GeoIP.rar

here is how to get latest version of geoip.dat for next time https://github.com/sherpya/geolite2legacy

the problem with mapscripts i have too. Watch in server log wich mapscript is crashing the server. Then delete the scripts wich are crash the server. I run at the moment 27 mapscripts, without any crash.

the thing with the covert ops levels reset i never had, so cant tell much about it.

And please, if you have future problems post in the nitmod forum.

#6 10-Apr-20 18:46:32

xxandi
Website

Thanks again Jay!

I have only one qustion to mapscripts.

Do you know which mapscript is  buggy?

I've added before 2 days fueldump.script and battery.script and again server crashes today. The bad thing is the server will be auto-restarted after crash and my logfile is empty. I have to save this logfiles after crash in the future with a script or something like that.

Maybe you know if its one of this mapscripts.

Trackbase

#7 14-Apr-20 01:36:41

jay1110
BETA Tester
Website

for me fueldump works fine. heres a list of my mapscripts image.php?album_id=5&image_id=624&view=no_count

#8 15-Apr-20 22:07:07

xxandi
Website

Thank you Jay!

The buggy mapscript was battery.script.

I removed this script and use a other version of battery map now. smile

Trackbase

#9 17-Apr-20 21:38:33

jay1110
BETA Tester
Website

great, if you have somthing again, just let me know here.

Board footer